Saturday, September 24, 2011

Serving Single - Three Potato Salad



I love potato salad but for me I think of it as a hearty fall/winter dish and I DON'T like mayonnaise based dressings. I prefer vinaigrettes. Here is my recipe for Three Potato salad. It makes about 2 servings perfect a single dinner with enough left over for lunch on Monday.


1lbs. of small blue potatos, baby reds, and baby yellow or white potatos.

1 teaspoon of Kosher salt

1 tablespoon of Flat leaf parsley

1 small green onion or a few chives

1-2 tbsp. of Olive Oil

1/2 tbsp. sherry vinegar

1/2 tsp of Dijon or whole grain mustard

Ground Pepper to taste


Just cover the potatos with water in a pot, and add a teaspoon of salt(you can add more if the water isn't salty enough.) Bring to a boil then simmer until the potatos are fork tender. Drain and let cool, while you make the dressing.


Combine vinegar, Dijon mustard and pepper, then drizzle in 1-2 tbsp of olive oil while stirring. Finely chop your parsley and chives.


The potatos should be cool enough to handle but still warm. Cut the potatos in half, toss in the dressing, parsley and chives.


Additional notes: I typically only buy one kind of potato at the grocery store because they come in those big giant bags. If you plan on making this go your local farm stand where you can buy two or three of each kind of potatos. If you can't get small batches you can use just red or yellow potatos. I promise I won't tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment