Saturday, October 1, 2011

Serving Single- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

I love slower cookers because it really is just set it and forget it. So here is my recipe for slow cooker pulled pork.


80z to 12oz Country Style Boneless Ribs or any other lean pork of your choosing.
Kosher Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper
Smoked Paprika
About 1/4 to 1/2 cup of your favorite bottle BBQ Sauce
1 tbsp apple Cider Vinegar







This is SO easy. I like the country style ribs because they are lean boneless, and cook fairly quickly. Sprinkle the pork with your salt, pepper, and paprika to your taste. Put the meat in the cooker for 4 hours put it on High or for an 6-8 hours on low cooking time put it on low. Then add 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce, and Vinegar. There is something about the extra vinegar that helps break down the pork.











After the cooking it should just fall apart with two fork, or a pair of tongs. If you like it extra saucy add your last quarter cup of BBQ Sauce. I prefer to serve it with some shredded lettuce and diced tomato and instead of a bun I use Light High Fiber English muffins. They are only 100 calories each and have 8 grams of fiber.





Seriously just toast up the muffin and pile on the pork, lettuce and Tomato. YUM!





8-12 ounces make 2-3 servings. I have a tough time saying no to pulled pork. So I make my servings bigger and I like to have left over for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment